Many panic when their home does not sell right away. The real time to worry is when months pass by without any offers. Here are the top 11 reasons your home is not already sold.
1. By over valuing your home it will sit for months. The market will always dictate your home's worth. By using recent homes that have sold, it gives you a good indicator of your homes value.
2. Poorly written descriptions without professional photos will be skipped over by active buyers.
3. Being present at the showings is never a comfortable feeling for the buyers.
4. Being too attached to the home and refusing to negotiate will increase difficulty with a potential buyer.
5. Not having a professionally cleaned home can leave a bad impression on prospective buyers.
6. Staging Matters! Maximize space by hiring a professional stager. Size matters and the larger the space, the more desirable for the new home owner.
7. Depersonalize your space so the buyer can envision themselves living in the space.
8. Home improvements that are too personalized can backfire.
9. Cluttered homes even while still a clean home can be an issue. Too much furniture in a room will make the room feel smaller.
10 Homes in need of many repairs will result in the likelihood a buyer will want your home. Many buyers want turn key homes that are move in ready.
11. Choosing the wrong agent will be the worst decision you make. A good agent will make all the difference when selling your home in a reasonable amount of time. Working with a professional will help you avoid the common mistakes people make.
Author:Kelly Olsen Phone: 201-669-7520 Dated: September 6th 2017 Views: 88 About Kelly: Having the right real estate agent means having an agent who is committed to helping you buy or sell...
The Crawford Home Selling Team is one of the premier real estate teams in NJ. Consistently ranked in the top 100 teams in the country, our motto is treat every client like they are your only client. Give us a call and let us show you what we can do for you!
A new survey by Experian indicates that many Americans are optimistic
"For Gordon Crawford:
Recommended to us by a friend, Gordon and his team of professionals provided the support we needed to first decide we wanted to sell, determine the value of our home, stage it for showing and negotiate a speedy sale. Gordon listened to our concerns and took our feelings and needs into consideration at every turn. His team is the best. They are truly dedicated to their clients. I would use Gordon again and recommend him to anyone without reservation."